|Bumble in the Jungle|
13a (second short)
November 25, 1996
"Bumble in the Jungle" is the second short from the first segment of the twenty-first episode of Season 2 of The Lion King's Timon & Pumbaa. It is the thirteenth episode of Season 2 to air on the syndicated Disney Afternoon block. It aired on November 25, 1996, along with "Beethoven's Whiff" and "Mind Over Matterhorn".
"Without any dialogue, Timon and Pumbaa pursue a bumblebee accompanied by a classical music score."
Timon and Pumbaa are taking a nap as morning arises. Pumbaa keeps rolling over, causing himself and Timon to fall and land on flowers. Then, a bumblebee shows up and goes through all the flowers. Timon and Pumbaa see the bee and start chasing it and while doing so, they recklessly run into different animals.
After failing to catch the bee, Timon and Pumbaa open a crate of Bee Catching Rockets and all the rockets come out of the crate. Timon lights the rockets while Pumbaa hides to catch the bee with a net in his mouth. When the bee arrives, Pumbaa starts chasing it while the rockets blast and land around Timon, resulting in them exploding on the meerkat.
The bee goes in the hole of a tree stump, with Timon and Pumbaa stalking it. When they stick their heads in the hole, a number of bees come out of the stump and chase the two friends. After the chase, Timon sees that Pumbaa caught the bee they were after.
Timon and Pumbaa are about to eat the bee, but then they see the bee giving them a sad look. This makes the two friends feel guilty and sorry for the bee and they therefore decide not to eat the insect.
Later that night, Timon and Pumbaa start sleeping with the bee joining them, hinting that it became the duo's new friend, and the episode ends.
- Bobs Gannaway created the idea for the short so that he and Tony Craig, as advocates of music, can introduce their young audiences to a variety of classical music but in a subtle way. He states "The music dictates the movement of the characters, which is unusual these days. In this case, we've used music as the foundation of the short, and the character movement follows the music."
- According to one of the show's writers Kevin Campbell, this short captured everyone's attention and the whole crew was alive with ideas. 
- This short, along with "Beethoven's Whiff" and their sister episode "Mind Over Matterhorn", was nominated an Annie Award for Best Individual Achievement in Directing in a TV Production.
- ↑ Watch Timon & Pumbaa Full Episodes. Disney+. Accessed 12 November 2019.
- ↑ Timon & Pumbaa. Internet Archive Wayback Machine. Internet Archive. Retrieved on May 9, 2019.
- ↑ The Lion King's Timon & Pumbaa Debuts in Syndication. D23. Disney. Retrieved on May 9, 2019.
|Season 2 of The Lion King's Timon & Pumbaa|
Palm Beached • Jamaica Mistake? • Oregon Astray • New Guinea Pig • Isle of Manhood • Puttin' on the Brits • Klondike Con • Isle Find Out • Beetle Romania • Rumble in the Jungle • Wide Awake in Wonderland • Zazu's Off-by-One Day • Animal Barn • Roach Hotel • Africa-Dabra! • I Don't Bolivia • Shopping Mauled • Library Brouhaha • Catch Me if You Kenya • Scent of the South • Monster Massachusetts • Handle with Caribbean • Forbidden Pumbaa • Washington Applesauce • Alcatraz Mataz • Oahu Wahoo • I Think I Canada • Zazu's Off Day Off • Beast of Eden • Sense & Senegambia • Timon on the Range • The Man From J.U.N.G.L.E. • Maine-Iacs • Fiji-Fi-Fo-Fum • Rome Alone • Amusement Bark • Once Upon a Timon • Home is Where the Hog Is • Beethoven's Whiff • Bumble in the Jungle • Mind Over Matterhorn